Unlock Your Insights with Microsoft Power BI!
What is Power BI from trustangle?
Microsoft Power BI is a cloud-based business intelligence platform that enables users to analyze data, create visuals and reports, and collaborate on their findings. Power BI provides access to a vast range of data sources, and the ability to quickly and easily create customized interactive dashboards, charts and reports that empower users to swiftly make informed decisions. It provides organizations with the insights they need to understand their data and drive better outcomes.
Power BI consists of several elements that all work together, starting with these three basics:
- A Windows desktop application called Power BI Desktop.
- An online SaaS (Software as a Service) service called the Power BI service.
- Power BI mobile apps for Windows, iOS, and Android devices.
These three elements—Power BI Desktop, the service, and the mobile apps—are designed to let you create, share, and consume business insights in the way that serves you and your role most effectively.
Beyond those three, Power BI also features two other elements:
- Power BI Report Builder, for creating paginated reports to share in the Power BI service. Read more about paginated reports later in this article.
- Power BI Report Server, an on-premises report server where you can publish your
- Power BI reports, after creating them in Power BI Desktop. Read more about Power BI Report Server later in this article.
What are the benefits of Microsoft Power BI?
- Easy to use: Microsoft Power BI is designed for users to be able to easily create powerful dashboards and visuals. Power BI offers an easy drag-and-drop interface, so it’s easy to create visuals and perform analysis.
- Customization Options: Power BI offers a variety of customization options, so you can create the exact dashboard that you need. Power BI can be tailored to the needs of each individual user.
- Integrations: Power BI offers a variety of integrations with other Microsoft products, such as Office 365, SharePoint, Dynamics, and Azure. Users can also integrate data from many different sources, such as CSV files, relational databases, and cloud applications.
- Collaboration: Power BI makes it easy to share dashboards and collaborate with others. Users can easily share their reports and dashboards with others, who can view and interact with the data.
- Real-time Data: Power BI lets you query and analyze data in real-time, so you can quickly get insights into your data. This helps to make your data more timely and accessible.
- Cost: Microsoft Power BI is affordable and available on a pay-as-you-go basis. Users can choose from four different plans based on their needs.